Daphne Oz Shares Sweet Moment Her Eldest Child Met Baby Gigi for First Time: ‘Family of 6’


Bekah Martinez Says Not Shaving Her Legs for Red Carpet Appearance Was Act of ‘Self Love’


Alanis Morissette Shares Breastfeeding Photo of Her Newborn Son: It’s ‘Not Always Easy Peasy’


Campanile Basso: primo Base Jump per Maurizio di Palma – il video


Coppa del Mondo Boulder 2015: Jan Hojer e Megan Mascarenas vincono a Vail


Biographie per Stefano Ghisolfi


Silvio Reffo prima libera in giornata di Horror Vacui al Monte Cimo


Arc’teryx King of Dolomites 2016 a San Martino di Castrozza


Per Gérard Ottavio e Joel Déanoz


Ragni di Lecco, 70 anni di storia e alpinismo in un film

PUBG pulls out of Fortnite lawsuit

  • MEDIATORECONDOMINIALE
  • April 1, 2019
  • News
  • No Comments

The timer has counted down, the circle has shrunk, and the biggest lawsuit royale of all – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds versus Fortnite – has concluded in a surprise draw.

PUBG Corp. has this week dropped its legal case against Fortnite maker Epic Games, according to a Bloomberg report published today.

The company behind PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds had sought damages from Epic for ripping off the now well-established battle royale formula.

But after months of legal wrangling, PUBG Corp. has suddenly backed out, without any public explanation as to why.

Bloomberg’s report states PUBG Corp. confirmed the lawsuit’s withdrawal – but would not be drawn on whether a settlement had been reached out of court.

Regardless, it’s not a huge surprise to see the lawsuit wrapped up in this way. PUBG Corp. and Epic Games have various shared interests: in Chinese megacorp Tencent which owns part of both companies, and the fact PUBG uses Epic’s Unreal Engine.

And so, we assume, ends the legal squabbling between the two.

The fight began back in September last year when PUBG developer Bluehole slammed Fortnite for “replicating” gameplay. It was then the studio said it was “contemplating further action”.

Bluehole formally filed its lawsuit against Epic in January, although both parties have refused to comment on the matter publicly since. The case certainly hasn’t hindered Fortnite’s fortunes – the game has become a stratospheric success, with a fifth season of Fortnite content dated just this morning.

We’ve contacted both parties for comment.


Got Something To Say!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BACK TO TOP